2.11.2011

the time is N O W . . .


[source]

Lifestyle changes. Inevitable? Maybe. For all? No. For me? Yes. I have often gone through the course of my life putting things off.  I can truly say that I've become a master at procrastination which is a habit that is hard to break.  However, I am determined to change this trait that has become a part of who I am.  Baby steps are a wonderful starting point.  Eventually, I will walk, run, and soar in the ambience of personal achievements.  The time is NOW! I do not have to wait until January 1st to begin my new year. .  And I hope that you don't either. A new year but the same me, the same you (changes don't have to change who you are) . . so let's take this journey together.

  
 "Be who you are in every situation."- Michael Johnson



Goal #1: My body, my temple
[source]
 I want to treat my body better in terms of what I put in it and on it.  I have come to terms with the fact that we are only granted one body in this lifetime (well, unless you're hollywood lol) and would like to cherish and take as much care as possible of what I am fortunate to have.  Overall, I do not have any health issues but have embarked on a journey of overall health. With a healthy diet, of course, weight loss is inevitable.  I finally joined a gym last year (maybe around March/April) which was a big step for me. I wasn't in school and was working full time therefore, what better time to start focusing on something worthwhile, myself.  I was so used to saying, "ok, next week I'll join", "next month I'll get serious about this", or "yeah yeah yeah, tomorrow". And finally, I decided that "next" was "right now" and signed up and been very impressed in regards to my commitment thus far in getting to the gym.


Goal #2: Mind Control
[source]
It is of GREAT importance that I continue to stimulate my mind.  Hence, my applying and admittance into graduate school.  However, academics within the context of a classroom can only go so far.  I am going to set goals to visit museums, plays, spoken word events and concerts to keep my mind going, thinking, exploring.  Although my life is hectic enough as a student, I want to incorporate more leisure readings into my life.  Over the summer, I believe I read about a book a week, sometimes 2 because I'm just addicted to the stimulation. Mind control.


Goal #3: My hair, and I repeat my hair
[source]
I decided to go natural for number of reasons (which will be explored in the future of this blog).  I will say this, it was at the right time, for the right reasons, and rightfully for me.  I embarked on my natural hair journey beginning in 2007 and it has been a lot of "figuring out" because many of my friends did not have nautral hair.  I must say the online communities have helped me treeeemendddously and I want to take the time to say thank you.  If you're reading this and wondering if I've read your blog or watched your videos on YouTube, chances are..YES! (lol) and this thank you is for you!

Goal #4: Be Happy
Sometimes harder said than done. I love to laugh, whether by myself (weird? no lol) or with others.  I just love it.  When I am not smiling or laughing, I usually get the question "What's wrong?".  However, nothing's wrong, it's just a time and a place to laugh.  Optimism is my bestfriend and has pushed me through some hard times in which it was easy to think negatively.  Find what works for you and do it.  If you like it, do it again! I am a big believer in having hobbies that you enjoy and surrounding yourself with positive, inspiring people.  I'm just now starting to realize that I do deserve what I have and becoming more confident in my abilities.  I am exploring different avenues with an open, courageous mind and spirit and I've fallen in love with risk taking.  Do not place a limit on yourself and know that positivity changes the dimmest day to sun beams and rainbows.

Live today,
oxox

No comments:

Post a Comment