8.04.2011

Chef Mora's Corna: 5 Minute Coconut Milk Oatmeal. . .

C O N F E S S I ON
 I am an oatmeal junkie!

Especially during the winter months because it "sticks to your ribs" like my Grandma used to say.  However, who says you can't enjoy a warm cup of oats in the summer?   
  That's exactly what I've done! And will do again and again, and yeah, yet again. . .


 Ingredients:

(Disclaimer: Like I've mentioned before, I do not measure so I will estimate)
  • Quaker Oats - 1/2-3/4 cup
  • Coconut Milk - 1/3 cup
  • Almond Milk - 1/3 cup
  • Raisins
  • Not pictured but used:
    • Cinnamon
    • Vanilla Extract

Easy Breezy Recipe:
  1. Combine coconut milk, almond milk and vanilla extract into a small pot.  Place on medium heat and watch closely (milk can burn) until milk starts to boil. 
  2. Toss in the oatmeal, stir and lower heat to simmer.  Allow oatmeal to simmer for about 3 or so minutes.   Here is when you add the cinnamon (and nutmeg if you like) and stir then let oats continue to simmer.  
  3. Once the oats are cooked to the tenderness/ consistency that you like, remove from heat.  
  4. Scoop in your favorite bowl/mug and adorn with some raisins for sweetness (wish I had some almonds to throw in as well)
  5. Enjoy! I paired mine with some seedless red grapes and a glass of water with lemon =)
 DEEEEEE. . .  LICIOUSO!

Bonus pic:
Romaine lettuce, tomato, tuna, Italian dressing

Live today,
oxox


No comments:

Post a Comment