7.05.2011

A Touch of Independence. . .

      I thoroughly enjoyed my 4th of July weekend.  It was filled with cookouts, fun, drinks, randomness, fireworks, parades, laughs, love and rainy day thrifting!  I loved it!

      First things first, what better way to start off the month with a little holiday thrifting which was 50% off for members.  I visited two locations of the same store, took my time perusing the aisles and racks in spite of the excited crowd of people and came out with some lovely purchasing. .  .#winning.

      Store numero uno:
-singing- Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!  Hear the pearly gates opening? Lol!
My first haul purchase:

  Really wanted a skirt like this! And I scored 4!
                   Org: $6.99  Paid: $3.49                          Org: $4.99  Paid: $2.49

                   Org: $4.99  Paid: $2.49                          Org: $5.99  Paid: $2.99

      Picked up some button downs. . . I am obsessed with denim shirts (which can also double as jackets!).  I also left with some slacks (the other pair isn't pictured).  But my favorite of this bunch is that red blouse (paid $2.50 for it)!
      Isn't is gawwwgus!?  It's sheer with military style buttons on each side.  I said it reminded me of the great MJ but my roomie says it gives her a Janet Jackson feel.  Either way, I'm in love! Can double as a blouse and a light weight jacket when I roll up the sleeves.

On to the next one haul:
Racks on racks on racks! This is where I've purchased all my blazers in the past for no more than 5 bucks.  Any who, on to my purchases:
Pink lightweight blazer and a colorful vintage dress that I will get my mom to take the hem up on. Oww!
CK denim jacket, some more slacks and dunn dun dunnnnnnnnn vintage black dress!
       The back of the dress is V-shaped and the front is in a U-shape higher up around the collar.  Check out the "bedazzled"/beading detail. . . Love!  My mom will be taking this dress in and up for me to make a sexy mini dress for the fall/winter months. . .  thanks mom! I will learn to sew soon, promise!

And finally, an accessory or four:
I'll either tuck in or cut off the straps to make great little clutches.
* Disclaimer: I really need to invest in a good camera. . . my cell phone doesn't do much justice lol* 
     
      Now to a quick and almost picture-less glimpse of my fun! LOL, I was able to get front row seats for my town's parade since part of it starts on my street.  I enjoyed the early morning sun from the comfort of my porch.  Took on some cookouts and fireworks and crawled into my good b-e-d!




4th of July nails that I did myself.


Live today,
oxox

5 comments:

  1. your nails are amazing! and i love that geo-printed dress. can't wait to see what you look like in all your thrift store stuff. definitely following :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah your nails look awesome.. love the picz x

    http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ SRS. . . thank you hun! - for both the comment and follow! =)

    @lolita. . .thank you much dear! Guess I'll do more nail posts in the future. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! What a great way to celebrate the 4th of July by thrifting! You got some great deals and you can’t beat 50% off….loving it! BTW your manicure is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Katie Mac. . . thank u for the compliment and ughhh, yes the thrifting amazzzzinnnggg! lol

    ReplyDelete