7.09.2011

Chef Mora's Corna: Chicken Pasta Craving

      Ask my friends and family, I love to cook (and bake)!  I even wanted to go to school for culinary arts after high school, welp, that didn't happen. . . Rutgers did not have such a program lol (s/o to Douglass College alums, whoop whoop!)  Moving on, I was craving chicken pasta. . . HARD! I hardly ever use recipes or measure anything, just go with what I think is right.  Check me out! ;)





Ingredients:
  • Whole Grain Pasta
  • Chicken Breasts (Tenderloins)
  • Petite Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
  • Spinach
  • Scallions
  • Olive Oil
  • Seasonings: Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic & Cayenne Pepper


Step 1:
Bring a pot of water to boil and add pasta.  While that is doing what it do, clean chicken, squirt with lemon, and dice it up into chunks. Sprinkle on seasonings and a little olive oil. Cook chicken in skillet or on stove top grill until juices run clear.  I like to cook mine until it's a brown color to my liking.  Tidbit: I also bring the chicken chunks into smaller pieces as they cook, it's easier lol.  While chicken in cooking, clean and chop up spinach and scallions because they have dibs on the skillet next.

Step 2:
 I really wanted to use kale but the store did not have any =(. . . so spinach did the job!

 You do not have to clean out the skillet once the chicken in cooked, just simply throw in the spinach and scallions. Green leafy vegetables like spinach, kale, greens, etc. tend to cook down a lot so don't be surprised when you're like "where did my spinach go?" lol. Season to taste and cook until desired tender.

Step 3:
Add the diced tomatoes.  Yes, you can use a whole tomato and chop it up but this is what I had in the pantry (shout out to the Dollar Store!)  Once the tomatoes are added, you want to just simply heat them up.

Step 4:
Add everything together in a large pan!  I used a wok because I didn't realize how much pasta I made.  Drizzle some olive oil over the pasta and give it all a nice toss.

Step 5: BON APPETIT! And share the wealth!  I always take my mom some!

Live today,
oxox


4 comments:

  1. i see u pimpin' .... i got a few recipes for ya!!!

    www.beautyintensified.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous17 July, 2011

    This looks really good! I'm definitely going to try this.

    Check out my blog some time at http://stylelustpages.com!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you ladies!! =))

    ReplyDelete