5.18.2011

Kinky Attitude. . .

It's time I talk hair on here. 

[source]
Quick summary of the journey (details to come later):
  • I decided to go natural in late December 2007/ early January 2008
  • Rocked kinky twists like my life depended on it for awhile (includes transition and after BC)
  • Transitioned until early September 2008 in which I BC'd
  • Started wearing my hair out late December 2009
    • still hung on to kinky twists until end Summer 2009 lol
  • End of the kinky twists! Wore my hair out all the time (only had one weave and a wig since)
  • 2010 - today: mastered twist outs, still rock puffs, flat twists, etc.
In the beginning:

As my new growth started coming in, I wore a lot of bantu knot outs and as mentioned before KINKY TWISTS lol. . . my friend showed me one day before college winter break and I did the most horrible set over the break! I thought I was cute because I did it myself . . . they looked terrible (which will NOT be posted lol). However, I did get better and it became second nature.  I would sit in front of the TV and go to work:



Finished twists sans curled ends





As you can see, I was a kinky twisting machine.  Ask my friends lol, my "kinkies" were well rocked. I wore them: curly, almost straight, in high and low buns, in two giant flat twists, you name it.  I even experimented with color in which I would put a lighter color on the side and nape areas. I don't think I will EVER again wear this style (lol) unless I am twisting my own hair because I wore kinkies to death! However, it is a great way to transition and "grow your hair out" when natural.

For your reference, here is a kinky twist tutorial.  She does a good job explaining how to do them.  Also, take a look at her YouTube channel to view her videos about her natural hair. Wonderful resource.


Until next time, stay kinky!

Live today,
oxox

2 comments:

  1. Wow I can see you were the master of the kinky twist. I just started wearing mine in April 2011 and just got them redone on July 4th. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Katie Mac. . . kinky twists saved my life! lol =) Glad to see you like them as well. . .

    ReplyDelete