4.01.2012

LosingIt, GainingMe: Body Type Workouts. . .

      Every wonder how you could make the most of your workouts and optimize your routine to enhance what you're already working with?!

      Well. . .Women's Health Magazine offers some suggestions based on your body type/figure. . . .


Pictures and links after jump. . . 


                                                        [source]


Pear -Shaped: Hip measurements greater than bust measurements


                                                                  [source]

Banana/Straight-Shaped: Waist is less than 9 inches than hip or bust measurements


                                                                       [source]
Curvy/Hourglass Shape: Hip and bust measurements almost the same with smaller waist



                                                                  [source]
Athletic Body Type: Broad shoulders/back and smaller in the hip area

Don't know your body type exactly? Below are some links that can help you:

      I played around with the calculators for a bit.  If it says that your body type is unavailable, look at the pictures/guides to help you with figuring out your shape.  For instance, my type came up as a banana; however, when I look in the mirror I see pear or hourglass even.  So it's not 100% accurate, but is a great starting point. My pics (I need to take "newer" ones aka in fitness gear):



I also think these lecture hall bathroom pics can be deceiving as well. . . lol so I'll update when I get a chance. . .

This post is not to say you HAVE to fit into these body types because this it is just a baseline and starting point.  This is my starting point and I will post my research, etc as I move along in my fitness journey.  

Be the healthiest YOU,
your fit is YOUR fit. . .
[source]



Live today, 
oxox



No comments:

Post a Comment